makeup

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

When Odessa was about thirteen months old, she found my purse on the floor, opened my makeup bag, and held the eye lash curler up to her eyes. This was a huge changing point for me. No thirteen month old should know what to do with an eye lash curler. Don't get me wrong, it was adorable, but I realized then that I don't want my girls introduced to makeup. Not at all (wishful thinking, I know), but especially at such a young age. It was overwhelming to think that I, as their mother, will play such a huge role in the way they feel about themselves and their bodies. I decided at that point, the makeup had to go. Both for me, and my girls. 

I don't want them growing up feeling like women need makeup to be beautiful. The little bit of makeup I owned went in the garbage that day and I felt better. If they want to wear it when we feel they are old enough, I'll let them. But, as their role model, I want them to know it's not necessary.  

0 comments to makeup:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design Irresistibly Chic : Copyright Nesting Simply : Powered by Blogger